Umbria is small, you can visit most attractions during a day trip from Assisi.
Here below you find a list of itineraries which can be done by car in one day at a relaxed pace. We recommend not to rush between one or another destination. Beside visiting monuments do allow the time to enjoy good local restaurants, wineries or artisan workshops or simply to sit at a cafè with a glass of wine and enjoy the scenery.
From our home, Orvieto and Norcia are the furthest away sites, about 1 and 1/2 hr. drive (100 km/ 62 miles). All the rest is within 30-50 min drive from Alla Madonna del Piatto.
- Day 1 – Assisi
- Day 2 – Gubbio
- Day 3 – Perugia
- Day 4 – Valnerina (Abbey of San Pietro in Valle) and Spoleto
- Day 5 – small villages: Bevagna, Montefalco (wine tasting), Foligno
- Day 6 – more small villages: Spello, Trevi, Castello di Campello
- Day 7 – Deruta (pottery) and Torgiano (wine museum)
- Day 8 – Visso, Piano Grande di Castelluccio and Norcia
- Day 9 – Orvieto, Civita di Bagnoregio and Todi
- Day 10 – Trasimeno Lake round trip: Castiglione del Lago, Panicale, Passignano
What else is nearby:
- Urbino and the Frasassi Caves in the Marche as well as Siena and Cortona in Southern Tuscany are all within 1 and 1/2 hr drive from Assisi.
- The magnificent gardens of Villa D’Este in Tivoli make a good stop over if you need a place to visit on your way to/from Rome airport.