Umbria Travel Tips and Information
On the way from Rome to Florence, Umbria makes a wonderful, relaxed, out of the beaten path stopover. Find out how to get here and what is there to do and see.
If you are traveling by air, here are the nearest airports to Agriturismo Alla Madonna del Piatto:
- Umbria’s International Airport at Sant’Egidio, half way between Perugia and Assisi
- Rome Fiumicino International Airport Leonardo da Vinci
- Pisa International Airport Galileo Galilei
- Ancona Falconara International Airport Raffaello Sanzio
By train and car:
If you are traveling by train and car, both Perugia airport and the central train station (Perugia-Fontivegge, piazza V. Veneto) have all major car rental offices (Europcar, Maggiore, Hertz, Avis)
If you arrive at Assisi-Santa Maria degli Angeli train station you will need to rent a car from the airport. It is generally more convenient to arrive at Perugia Fontivegge. See the website of the Italian Railways to figure out the train schedule and itinerary
Rent a bike by the hour, day or week at Angelucci. The website is in Italian, but they should reply to your e-mails
Consult Bike in Umbria for routes and service centres. We reccommend Antonella at Gira l’Umbria for inexpensive and fun guided bike tours.
ASSISI TRAVEL INFO
- A day in Assisi. Our self guided tour of the historic town with an itinerary, restaurant recommendations and where to find most of the basic services.
- Assisi is a Unesco World Heritage site
- Information and history of the magnificent Saint Francis Basilica
- Information and history of Assisi’s second Basilica, Santa Maria degli Angeli, Saint Mary of the Angels
- Tourist office of Assisi: (Municipalities of Assisi, Bastia Umbra, Bettona, Cannara) Piazza del Comune – Assisi. Tel. +39 075 812534 / +39 075 812923 / +39 075 812450 Fax + 39 075 813727 firstname.lastname@example.org (they do not have a website)
- Images and video of Assisi, including the splendid Calendimaggio festival
- Shopping in Assisi by Rebecca Winke
- Hiking/biking: the Olive Grove trail
UMBRIA TRAVEL INFO
Our up to date guide to classic Umbrian day trips including scenic drives, crafts, wine tasting and good family restaurants
See more travel information in the next page